Monday, July 20, 2009

Leaving San Diego Regret Du Jour

Of all of the places I have lived and visited, my favorite, by far, is San Diego. This is not merely nostalgia for grad school or the folks with whom I went to school, but that SD was just a great place to live and still is a fun place to visit. I am glad that the International Studies Association seems to have made SD as part of its rotation for annual meetings.

While I could wax at length about the joys of San Diego, let me suggest just one today: the San Diego Comic-Con. We only went once--stupid us--and didn't really immerse ourselves in the convention. I was reminded of this with Seth Green's guest post at EW.com today:

It's weird watching studio types and agents in suits at the con -- the only guys in suits on the show floor used to be Men In Black fans -- but I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to witness this spectacle.

No comments: