Even before I saw this article in today's Salon, I was going to post what I learned from reading Traffic:
- Humans do not perceive well.
- Humans analyze risk poorly.
- Fewer signs are better than more.
- Roundabouts are safer than intersections.
- This quote.
- Slower is often faster.
- The aforementioned conclusion that much driver safety efforts are hopeless since drivers will just engage in more risky behavior.
- and perhaps the only lesson that has changed how I drive--late merging > early merging.
Any recommendations for the next bit of pop social science to read?