Monday, November 29, 2010

Jesus Made Me Fumble

I will always remember comedian Jeff Stilson's line about sports
I'm trying to wean myself off sports, it's too time consuming. I don't watch football anymore, I gave that up. I got tired of the interviews after the games, because the winning players always give credit to God, and the losers blame themselves. You know, just once I'd like to hear a player say, 'Yeah, we were in the game, until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.'
Well, Jeff, your wish apparently came true: Steve Johnson dropped a very catchable ball in the endzone during over time, costing his team the game, and he apparently tweeted this:  
"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!!" the 24-year-old tweeted from his iPad at around 5:15 Sunday after the Steelers' 19-16 overtime victory. "AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..."
Here's the actual play


I always found it strange that God would take sides in sports.  Of course, a player could say that he was merely helped by his deity, but then the question naturally arises about why the opponent was not similarly assisted.

Anyhow, I just wanted to document a case where a player indeed declared that God did not help him or her.


No comments: