Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Man, The Myth, the Legend

I had friends who attended this ceremony, mostly because of the biggest honoree, and the are in the background of the video below.  The Spaceman himself, William Shatner:


I wonder who wrote the Dean's (my former Chair) speech.  For the text of the speech by the actor known for playing James Tiberius Kirk's speech, see here

Shatner is, indeed, McGill's most famous alum.  The students even named the student center building after him, even though he did not donate anything for it.  Indeed, the university does not recognize the building's name.  Still, it is known as the Shatner building, proving that the man, the myth, and the legend have far more power than university policies.  And for that, I admire him all the more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"corporate punishment?" Dr, my butt.