Monday, October 10, 2011

Scary Thought of the Day

After watching the first season of Game of Thrones, I had much fun making fun of the Stark's motto: Winter is Coming.  Well, after reading the second and third book, where the Starks do not enjoy Autumn, all I can say is that "Winter is Coming" is now pretty damned scary.

And, despite my pop culture fixation today, I did spend Canadian Thanksgiving writing IR stuff.  Specifically, the last chapter of my current book.  Usually, the conclusion is the most fun, because it requires heaps of thinking and not too much research.  Thus far, squeezing a short account of NATO's Libyan experience into a book on Afghanistan is not so much fun.  Alas.  Still, I am thankful that this has been such a rewarding project--just very, very interesting stuff, producing lots of interesting interactions, and not a small amount of travel for both research and presentation.  With this project nearing an end, my work is not headed towards a GoT-like Winter.  But summer does seem to be ending.

No comments: