Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tis a Social Science

Yesterday, Dave Auerswald and I had several chapters of our book grilled by the faculty at William and Mary.  They were enthused about the project, but, more importantly, they gave us excellent feedback about the book.  They noticed stuff that we could not see and they gave us very sharp ideas for how to proceed.  They didn't tell us that our approach was wrong, but how to best improve it.  While I like my first two books, my participation in other people's book workshops (reading and commenting on their stuff) made me envious.  Thanks to the initiative of Mike Tierney, of W&M and our friend from grad school, I don't have to be envious any longer.  We got what we needed, and our book will be much better for it.  Oh, and longer, too ;)

No comments: