Saturday, November 26, 2011

Political Science: The Store

I was talking to my nieces about their shopping preferences and one of them mentioned Anthropologie, which is a clothes store.  I was amused but then it began to make sense.  Anthropologists study various cultures, and what is more cultural than clothes/fashion.  So, of course, I had to ponder the notion of a Political Science store.

What would it sell?  Not clothes as our breed has pretty lame taste as a general rule.  I was thinking tables, heaps of them.  Mostly squares, as in 2 by 2s.  What else?  Arrows?  Policy advice?  No, that would be silly.  Who would buy policy advice from political scientists?!  I mean, we make terrible National Security Advisers. Perhaps suggestions on how to combat zombies?

I am very open to suggestions.  What do my readers think?


5 comments:

Matthias Heilke said...

"PoliSci" sells guns (obvious). Except for its Quebec branches, "Sciences Po", which sells balaclavas.

ali said...

Leather seats.

Why does "Guns & Furniture" sound like a good combo?

SamStanton said...

Guns, tents, and self-help guides for creating insurgent rebel organizations.

Anonymous said...

A series of survival guides and for dummies books perhaps.

Anonymous said...

chess sets