Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saideman Spews The Obvious

See my latest TV appearance (via phone) on the Red Cross saying the Syrian Civil War is, well, a Civil War.  I do love that the ad before it is of a Canadian celebration of the War of 1812.

Anyway, my basic take has been that it has long been a civil war and that the outsiders have few good options. And, no, the ICRC is not going make Assad re-think.

Back to working on my new garage.

Update: As a result of tweeting this set of attitudes, I got interviewed by an Associated Press reporter via email.  My one paragraph about this not affecting Assad or the various rebels is now syndicated across the planet.  Pretty cool.  Of course, they focused on the part I know least--Syria--rather than the part I know best--the unlikelihood that this will move the US and its allies into doing anything.


No comments: