Thursday, December 13, 2012

Impressive, Most Impressive




I spent this afternoon at a workshop on Ethnic Politics.  I was most impressed with the participants--most of whom are finishing PhDs or very junior professors.  I felt like I was playing ultimate--nearly everyone else is much younger and faster than I am.  

Anyhow, the quality of work people are doing these days is incredible.  Very clever research designs, fundamentally important questions, very challenging research designs. 

My favorite part--there was a paper on Alien Rule (like colonialism, occupation, etc.--not ET type aliens), and one of the examples thrown out was receivership in the academic world.  I was thrilled, as I experienced several years of receivership at Texas Tech.  Good times.

Anyhow, not much blogging today or tomorrow. 

No comments: