Friday, January 13, 2017

New Strangest Question

Having been in this business for over twenty years, I have received some strange questions.  After a presentation today at the International University of Japan in Niigata on the Uncertainty Machine that is Trump, I was asked: how could Trump's term end abruptly? 

Oh my.  I pondered the possibilites:
  • Impeachment?  Nope.
  • Coup?  No, despite my general concern, the US military is not going to remove Trump.  They might not follow unlawful orders, but coup? No.
  • 25h amendment?   Almost certainly not, since Trump is picking most folks who are loyal to him, but it is possible.  Unlikely but not impossible.
  • That option involving failure by the Secret Service.  Not likely as they protected an African-American president successfully for eight years.  An orange one should be easier.
I was left with one possibility that is not unlikely:

Trump is overweight, eats poorly, and is going to be under great stress, so heart attack or stroke.

So, no, I told the student, don't bet too much on these fragile reeds.  Resist instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plus, he is the oldest person to hold the office. I give him two years, heart attack or stress.