Monday, November 9, 2009

Movember: Mustaches Uber Cancer

One of my teaching assistants, F.X., has asked for my help, as he is participating in an effort to raise money to fight prostate cancer.  The idea is to get people to pay him and his teammates to grow mustaches in November.  I, of course, agreed to help as any effort that draws attention to facial hair is worthwhile.

So, I have challenged my students in my big class--if they give $600 (an average of a dollar a student) to F.X., then I will shave my beard into the shape of their favorite mustache (with a caveat or two). 

If you are interested in joining the cause, you can email me (steve dot saideman at mcgill dot ca), and I can put you in touch with F.X. 

1 comment:

Spew Jr. said...

hey. thats what my geo teach is doing too. if i had the money i'd donate to ur class so u could do a silly mustache. :)