Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sydney Day 1

Just a beautiful city.
  • It seems that it is against the law for Aussies not to be sincerely friendly.  In just one day, I have met several folks, including along cliffside paths, who have been most friendly.  And this is the same as I experienced in Canberra.  
  • I am staying at hotel that is also a microbrew pub.  Yes, I am not as dumb as I look.
  • I had their beer called "Three Sheets."  Indeed.
  • Turns out Syndey is akin to LA or NYC in that the waitresses all seem to be aspiring actresses.
  • Nice to see Hogan's Heroes on Aussie TV.
  • In Manly, a beautiful penisula that sticks out from the north side of the harbor into the Pacific was asked by an incredible drunk guy about where he might find his keys.  And it was 9:30am.  Brilliant.
  • Turns out cinnamon rolls are called cinnamon rolls in Australia.  The research paid off.
  • Tonight, I go on a ghost tour.  Should be entertaining.

No comments: