Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hypocrite Moment Du Jour

Forget about the blood libel comment (that would require more awareness than we expect), but Sarah Palin actually said, in response to a possible bill to limit images that might incite violence against members of Congress:
"Recall how the events of 9-11 challenged our values and we had to fight the tendency to trade our freedoms for perceived security. And so it is today."
As my family would say: Seriously?  SERIOUSLY? serIOUSly?  You have got to be kidding.  I am pretty sure that if I spent some time, I could come up with a dozen statements and policy stances where Palin does exactly that--try to trade our freedoms for perceived security.  Opposing the closing of Gitmo?  Opposing the banning of torture?  What was her position on waterboarding?

 Up is down, black is white?  I just love that Palin is now criticizing trading off freedom for security.  Where has she been since 2001?  If this is her moment to demonstrate her Presidential qualities, I think we are done.

No comments: